McAdoo Clan

This McAdoo genealogy blog has been created to share family information. It will be used to record genealogy data as well as to communicate family news.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Metuchen, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

"Jimmy" Manuscript Outline

“Jimmy”

Introduction
The book is about my dad-how I remember him and how others remember him.
It is the story of a kid who wanted to swim, a man who wanted to coach, a husband and father who struggled with both roles, and a dad who became my best friend.
It is about the continuing journey to discover my roots and complete the story.

Poem
“Jimmy” written by William D. Ehrhart, Swarthmore College, Class of 1973

Chapter One: The McAdoo Family
My earliest memories and what I have learned through searching for my family roots.

Chapter Two: Jimmy-Growing up in Germantown
Swimming at the Germantown Boys Club.
Philadelphia Gas Works News article, “Looking Back With Jimmy” and other stories.

Chapter Three: 1927 to 1935-Events in Jimmy’s Life
Swimming for Turners.
Playing water polo for Crystal Pool.
My grandmother died.
The Great Depression, 1929-1941.
Jimmy turned down a scholarship to Rider College.
Jimmy and Grace.
Jimmy and his brother Howard-more stories.
My parents start a family.
Lifeguarding

Chapter Four: The Coach
Northeast Catholic High School
Germantown Y
The American Red Cross-Europe 1945
Swarthmore College
LaSalle College
Swimmers’ recollections of Jimmy at the time of his retirement and today.

Chapter Five: Nicknames
Jimmy had nicknames for his swimmers and they had nicknames for him.

Chapter Six: My Family’s Legacy-Their Memories

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home