McAdoo Clan

This McAdoo genealogy blog has been created to share family information. It will be used to record genealogy data as well as to communicate family news.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Metuchen, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

McAdoo Clan Reunion Reflections and Plans

I am filled with joy and great memories of our first family reunion. It was a simple affair with a focus on things for kids to do and I think that was accomplished. Keeping it simple also encouraged all of us to get to better know one another and I sensed that occurred. We tried to set a budget that would not be too costly for people and I have good news to report-we broke even and only have a few unsold tee shirts. If they are sold, we will have a small profit to carry over to next year.

Thirty-nine people attended the reunion. If we had started planning earlier in the year, I think we conservatively could have drawn sixty people. A goal of 100 is achievable for our next reunion which is scheduled for August 19, 2006. To make that happen, we need to begin actively planning now. First of all, we must spread the word. It has been a wonderful experience for me to discover and rediscover relatives during the past year as I have begun researching our family roots. You can experience this joy by reaching out and contacting the relatives you know as well as searching for those you may not know. Tell them about our two web sites and invite them to the reunion next year. Put them in contact with me so I can include them in the family mailing lists (email and snail mail).

Secondly, we need to think about a geographic area that is centrally located for those interested in attending next year, and then we have to locate a facility that will meet our needs. Thirdly, there is the detailed planning and putting together an affordable budget. Finally, there is the communications process, which is an ongoing effort.

This is fun work for me and I want to continue with it; however, I think it is important for others to become involved, so if you are interested, let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have been reading your blog & feel that the marriage year of James & Eliza might be wrong. I know for a fact that my father, Oscar, was born in 1893. Have enjoyed reading all of this and would like to be added to your mailing list.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home